Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday January 30, 2017 Kamiah, ID

Ok…
1. How was your zone conference? What was the big news that you got?
1. Zone Conference was amazing. So much good stuff and a lot to learn about. The big changes were in the schedule. They moved our planning time to the morning and gave us a little more freedom with when our studies take place and they shortened them a little. But I really like it.

2. It seems like you're staying in good shape. What are you doing to work out these days?
2. Umm I think it’s mostly because I try to eat healthy. I do mostly pull ups and ab workouts. I can’t wait for it to warm up so I can run.

3. Who was your best lesson with this week? What did you teach them about?
3. Hmmm best lesson was probably with Odei who is on date for the 4th. So he’s doing awesome. We read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with him. That book is pretty cool, you should read is some time.

4. How many people/families do you teach each week?
4. Depends on if you count members or not. If you count members its 6-10 families a week. But we usually try to teach at least a lesson a day.

5. When you travel for zone conference do you stay overnight? Where?
5. We spend the night in Lewiston. 

This week has been good. I really liked our zone conference. It was full of really good trainings and I learned a lot. The only problem I have is that they always take the whole day and we don’t get any work in our area done. This week we have been working a lot with our investigator Nan Anderson. She is so amazing and I really can’t believe she isn’t baptized yet. She has been taught for like 2 and a half years but she now is really ready for baptism. So we will have an interview with her on Saturday and then the baptism on Wednesday of next week. Besides that, not much has changed.

So this month we have been really focusing on repentance. We have learned so much about this that I want to share it. The actual word repent when translated into Hebrew means to turn or to return. So that changes the way I think about repentance already. When we hear the word we think of hard punishment and rebuking to be made right. But really it’s not that at all. It’s us changing ourselves to become more like God. I’m so grateful for the power of the atonement and the amazing chance we have to change and to turn ourselves to Christ. It really isn’t that painful at all.

Well love ya! Talk to ya later!

-Elder St. John  

Elder Freighner burning a shirt for his year mark.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment