Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday January 16, 2017 Kamiah, ID

Well I’m almost not surprised about my sisters hands...life sounds expensive this week. How were the medical bills?

1. Do you need me to send socks? If so, how many?
1. Yes I would love some socks. Just a couple of pairs like 4 would be nice. Just plain black. If you can find athletic ones that would be great. They last a lot longer and are better on my feet. I mean like not dressy ones. Does that make sense?

2. Did anything happen with transfers?
2. Not too much. We are both staying which is nice and also means that I’ll spend the first 6 months of my mission in Kamiah. Also first 6 months! Can’t really believe that I’ve almost been out that long already! That’s 1/4 of my mission. I know it probably doesn't feel like it’s been that fast for you but it feels a little fast for me. But a really long time too. It’s weird. But if every quarter of my mission goes this fast then that would be crazy! Also the Orofino sisters are getting swept with Elders. And Grangeville is getting a new trainee. So it’s a lot of change in the district. Just not much for us.

3. What things have you been cooking for yourself?
3. Well when we get the chance to cook for ourselves we make a lot of different stuff. We cook pasta, chicken, I don’t know, all sorts of stuff. But that’s really only once a week if that.

4. Did you try the catfish? Or fish tacos?
4. Yes I tried the catfish. It turned out ok. It was decent but not my favorite fish. Maybe that was because I’m not a good cook. We made some tilapia too but not tacos yet.

This week has been pretty similar to yours. Just normal stuff going on. We have been teaching at the Mason’s house a lot because that’s where our “on date” is living. We also found a new investigator and I hope he will start progressing this week.

We did some service for Debbie also. We shoveled off her roof that had a ton of snow on it. That was fun. But not too much new stuff.

Well good luck on finding a car. Finding the car you want sounds hard. It’s hard to find one with that 3rd row of seats so good luck. Keep me updated. What color is the one you’re looking at? And tell my sisters to stop hurting themselves. Love ya!

-Elder St. John





 

No comments:

Post a Comment