Monday, January 2, 2017

Monday January 2, 2017 Kamiah, ID

1.Did your baptism happen yesterday?
1. Yes it went really well! I’m very proud of the progress he has made. It was hard work to get him there and I’m glad he made it.

2. Were you allowed to do anything different last night for New Year's Eve? Probably not, just thought I'd ask.
2. Nope.

3. Are you allowed to wear any cool socks with your suits or just when you're at your apartment?
3. I can wear my cool socks when I want to. I don’t all the time.

4. Are you doing pull-ups every day now?
4. I do pull ups really often now. And they’re great.

5. Any new investigators to tell us about?
5. Well the next investigators we will work on will be a small family. Their names are Ashley and Cody. I’ll keep you updated on what happens with them.

6. I saw on the Facebook page that you were at the mission home this week. Tell us about that?
6. Yup for the new missionary meeting. It was a really good training. The trainers got a q and a with Pres. so that was really cool. We got some really good help and reminders of what makes a good missionary and a good trainer.

7. When you drive to Spokane, how long does it take you?
7. From Kamiah it takes like 4 hours. From Lewiston it takes 2 and a half.

Well this week has been snowy and good. The work is starting to pick up again despite the bad weather. We had Mike’s baptism and then we found a couple new people.

So this new year will be my blackout year. Or the full year that I’ll be on my mission. Crazy! One whole year without any family or friends but one full year of intense spiritual guidance and blessings. So I’m excited to see what this year brings.

I’m sorry you were sick. You need to drink more orange juice. I still buy that every week.

Ok so I have a few questions.
 
1. Ask the Heflin’s if they know a family with the last name Morse. I met an elder that is from Tucson and he knows Riley. 

2. How do you cook catfish?

3. What’s the recipe for our really good fish tacos?

Well thanks for your emails! Have a good week. I’m off to play marshmallow dodge ball! 
-Elder St. John
 

No comments:

Post a Comment