1. How is Moscow??? Tell us how the people are, how big the town is, how the weather is different than your other place, etc.
1. So I actually live in Pullman, Washington which is in the Moscow Idaho stake. The town is not super big but there are a lot of neighborhoods. The weather is like the same as Spokane. Not really that different.
2. How is the new companion?
2. Elder Horman is awesome! We get along super well already and he’s pretty fun. I think we will have a good time.
3. Do you have a car/truck or are you biking?
3. We have a corolla most of the time. So not too great but not too bad either.
4. Is there a Walmart or McDonalds in Moscow?
4. There is both. I think I’ve been to McDonalds like 3 times at the most on my mission. I know…letting the family down. Sorry.
5. How far away is Moscow from Spokane?
5. It’s like an hour and a half so not too far. But far enough away that I like it.
6. Are you still a zone leader?
I got to the new area on Thursday and things have been great so far. The weather has warmed up a little bit so we could do some walking. We have some good expectations in this area and we can feel a surge of good hard work coming on. We have a couple people we are already working with, but we will work on finding a lot more in the next couple of weeks.
We live in a 4 man and our apartment is right on Washington State University's campus. I’m sure dad has heard of them but they are the Cougars! Haha kinda funny. The town is like a smaller Provo. It’s full of college kids and we see them everywhere. It’s kinda weird. So WSU is what they call it so I’ve had to adjust to not thinking that they are talking about Weber. But it’s great.
The area we work in just covers the 2 family wards in Pullman so we have a bunch of young families so it’s great. We just had stake conference this week and there was a huge push for missionary work. So we are expecting miracles in the near future! We are excited to work. Thank you for your prayers and support. We can feel them lifting us everyday! Love you!
-Elder St. John