Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Monday October 30, 2017 North Spokane, WA

Hello!
1. Do you have any great pictures to send us, of your area, your living space, you and your companion?
1.Ummm I don’t know. I’ll check.

2. Do you have to be in early on Halloween?
2. Kinda. We’re not allowed to go contact random people or tract. But we can still do set appointments.

3. Does the ward your serving in have any Fall/Halloween party?
3. Yes, we had it this week on Thursday. It was fun. Someone made super good kettle corn and gave it out to people. It was good. 

4. Have you enjoyed any nice Fall weather where you're at?
4. Ehhh it’s ok. Mostly it’s just cold which is lame but that’s ok.

5. We heard that there's supposed to be some changes in the technology that missionaries use. What sort of phone do you have now? Have you heard of any changes for your mission?
5. Yes! I was going to update you. And prep you. Our mission in December is scheduled to get smart phones. Pretty crazy! Right now we have dumb slide phones that are super bad and don’t work very well. The smart phone thing sounds pretty set that we will actually get them. We will have to buy them ourselves and it has to be an android, one of the Samsung ones. I wanted you guys to know so maybe you can save money or whatever. But yeah there are some big changes that will come with that. I will let you know more when I hear about it.

Well this week was pretty uneventful besides our Thursday party. But we have been working with our investigator Tammy a lot and helping her quit smoking. It will be quite a challenge for her but I know she can do it!

This past week we have been working hard to find new people and we have some that seem promising so hopefully we can get in with them and teach them. I don’t know if I told you but we found a family that is from Afghanistan and we went over to teach the father one morning for the first time. It was very interesting. I learned a lot about the Muslim faith and even though he wasn’t interested in the end I was still happy we got to learn from him. Boy am I glad we have the gospel in our lives.

This next week we will be going to mlc (mission leadership council) on Halloween! So I will be in a long meeting then. Hopefully it goes good. But that’s about it for the week. I sure love you all! 

-Elder St. John

No comments:

Post a Comment