Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Monday October 16, 2017 North Spokane, WA

Hello Hello!

1. Can you send us some pictures of your apartment? Maybe like the street you live on so we can have a clue.
1.I will try to take some this week. 

2. How long has your companion been out?
2. One transfer longer than me. So like 6 weeks more.

3. Do you have different responsibilities in this ward than your last? If so, what are they.
3. Nope. Just always a missionary. Nothing special.

4. How much "real music" do you hear these days? Like when shopping or stopping to eat? I want to know how much of the Imagine Dragons album you've accidentally heard?
4. NONE! It kinda drives me crazy sometimes. But I just get over it. So I have heard literally none of the new album. So lame. 

This week we had a good week with not too many distractions to our missionary work. We were able to teach a lot of the investigators we have and one came to church! Tammy…the one on date for baptism in Nov. or Dec. So this area/ward is very different than what I’m used to. We have a lot of really solid members that are great leaders and they keep the ward functioning very well. There are more members than I’m used to and a lot of support in the missionary work.

Something I’ve noticed is that when a ward is ready to receive a new member and they take good care of them then God will trust them with more and more people to work with. A lot of times the missionaries are out working hard in every area and the difference is the people in the ward. If they will take care of them or not. It’s kinda interesting to see.

One cool thing that happened this week was that we tracted into an Afghanistan family who had never heard of Jesus Christ before and that was super cool. They have only been in America for 7 months. We will try to teach them as best we can. I’ve never taught anyone like that before so it should be interesting.

The elders we share a care with are pretty great. I haven’t served around a lot of missionaries like this before and its good. Just different. I miss Idaho but I’ll go back one day.

This week we will be prepping for zone conference. We have to do a lot of stuff for that now that I’m a zl. So it’s a lot of work. We have exchanges with the ap's Tuesday too, so a full week ahead of us. Well I love you!

-Elder St. John










No comments:

Post a Comment