Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Monday July 17, 2017 St. Maries, ID

1. Does it seem like the summertime weeks are going by fast or not really?
1. Yeah I guess. Time is just weird.

2. What's the average temperature been there this week?
2. Like 95 according to our Tacoma.

3. Does your ward there do anything special for Pioneer Day the 24th of July?
3. I don’t think so. We are having a bbq but not specifically for the 24th.

4. Did you guys have your big fireside with the little Crosby girl? If so, how did it go?
4. Yes! It was amazing! Really a great missionary opportunity and it was really successful. 

This week was good. We had a really productive week which was very needed.

For the mice we made this way cool redneck trap and it totally worked. I’ll have to send you a picture. Our total mice caught is now up to 9.

We found 3 new investigators this week and that was really nice to get some new people to work with. It seems like getting people to have real intent and decide to progress in the gospel is hard here. But everyone is nice so it makes up for it.

We have been working with this one investigator named Eric. He has gone from not knowing there is a God to reading and praying daily. I’ve been so blessed to see his transformation so far. I hope and pray with all my heart that he will get baptized soon. He’s a really good guy.

It sounds like trek takes a lot prep. I hope you have a good week and learn a lot. Stay safe and healthy. Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit leather.

I love it here in Idaho. I hope I stay here for a long time. This next week probably won’t be as productive because we have exchanges set up for Tuesday and Wednesday and then we have zone conference on Thursday so it will be quite the week. Wish me luck!

I’ll think about what I could use. The first things that come to mind are allergy pills. They’re super expensive here. I could probably use another pair of slacks and some work jeans maybe. (I ripped my gray slacks on my bike a little bit. But I sewed them up). 

Well I hope you have a good week. Love ya!

-Elder St. John


Redneck mouse trap




No comments:

Post a Comment