Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Monday December 19, 2016 Kamiah, ID

Hey not too much time today and sorry I’m late emailing - just had a crazy schedule today. So...

1. Can you give me a firm ish time for our skype call coming up on Sunday!?
1. Umm I would say somewhere around 5 or later...but not too late so between 5 and 8 here time. Not Utah time.

2. Did you receive any packages this week? I sent the last of the fun Christmas stuff - cookies!
2.Yeah!!!! I got the cookies. Thank you sooo much! Made my week that much better. I’ll send pics.

3. We'd like to know what your rules are for Christmas. Can you play games with the members? Do you spend all day at one family's house?
3. Well I don’t know all the way yet. I’ll know on Wednesday. I don’t think we are allowed to play games. We can only go to set appointments which will be dinner and then another dinner...I’ll explain on Sunday.

4. Did you have more contact with your investigators this week or was it another week of meetings?
4. Yes! So we actually worked this week. We have had a lot of contact with Mike. He will probably get baptized the 31st. We are way excited for that! Pray for him to stop smoking!

5. Do we have any pictures of your Christmas tree & presents? Proof that you haven't opened them all yet?!
5. I’ll send them in one second.

Not too much time this week but it was cold snowy and long. We finally got our truck back from being worked on in Spokane.

oh! I found someone who used to live in Birdseye like forever ago and so that was weird. Of all places I found someone from Birdseye in Kamiah Idaho! Weird right?

This past Saturday we had an awesome Christmas activity called journey to Bethlehem. They take you around to different rooms and show different scenes of the nativity like the shepherds and the wise men and evil King Herod. It was super cool and a great missionary opportunity. Makes me miss Christmas at home when we do stuff like that.

Things are going really good. Still been settling in with my new companion and responsibilities, but things are going well and I’m getting used to doing missionary work a different way. This last Sunday they switched ward mission leaders on us so I’ve been dealing with that and helping him get used to his new calling so that’s been a little stressful.

Well I don’t have too much to say and there is a lot of red underlined words in this email but I don’t have the patience to right click on them all and fix them so good luck. Well love ya! And see you on Sunday!

-Elder St. John  

No comments:

Post a Comment