Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Monday December 5, 2016 Kamiah, ID

Hi! 

1. I've been looking at the weather in your area and it seems like it's pretty cold. Are you sure you don't need a better coat/boots?
1.The weather hasn’t been too terrible. It’s been in the 50's mostly and drops lower in the night but not too bad. I’ll look for a better coat, but there’s not anywhere to buy one so I’ll let you know.

2. Did you get the gloves and hats?
2. I did...love them all. They’re very nice to have so thank you.

3. You have transfers today! Please make sure you tell us if you're staying or going. And if you're going I need your new address asap to send a few Christmas things...
3. So yeah transfers are a little crazy! Elder Stoddard is leaving. I’m staying here. They are making me the district leader and I will be training a new missionary as well. That might not sound crazy to you but I just finished my training and now I’m training so it’s crazy! I’m way excited for it though. It will bring some new adventures. So I’ll have to go up to Spokane on Tuesday and on Friday this week. So lots of traveling and meetings this week. 

4. How is your investigator Tyler doing? I liked hearing about him last week.
4. Tyler is doing good. He is still super solid and really searching and coming to church and wants to get baptized, but his church that he goes to right now is crazy. They are super anti and hate us. But he is freaked out by them because they follow him and watch him and stuff and have really weird rules so yeah he wants to leave. But he rents from a member there so he’s scared if he leaves that they will kick him out of his place and he’ll get treated badly. So yeah crazy stuff there. Pentecostal churches are weird.

Well my week was mostly normal and lots of running around. We had a temple trip on Thursday and that was way fun. But a lot of driving. The temple trip was with two ward members that drove us up. The temple is called the Spokane temple and it’s super small. Only one endowment room. 

Then we had zone training on Friday so more driving. Then transfers and that exciting news. I hope my new companion is cool. I really can’t believe they’re letting me train. I feel like a new missionary still and so it’s kinda weird.

Christmas time is coming! They put up a bunch of lights in our town and so that’s fun. I miss having our house all decorated and stuff. Nobody goes all out inside their house like we do, except for the Degroots. They have like 4 full sized Christmas trees in their house.

So for Christmas skyping we need to coordinate a time to do that. What time works best for your schedule on Sunday? Also it sounds like we have around 40 minutes to talk so keep that in mind. Well not much else to update you on. I’ll keep you posted about my new comp and things like that. Love ya!

-Elder St. John 

No comments:

Post a Comment