Monday, June 18, 2018

Monday June 18, 2018 Spokane Valley, WA


1. When does your current mission president leave to go home?

1. He leaves not this Saturday but the next. 

2. Do you have a big meeting to meet the new one or does that just happen at zone conferences?
2. So we have zone conference this Tuesday and then we will have a mission tour next week to meet the new mission president. 

3. Who are the Elders you share an apartment with and how long have they been out?
3. Elders Brinkerhoff and Williams. 1 year and the other 9 months. So basically, I'm ancient. 

4. How are the two wards that you're serving in different from each other?
4. One has a ton of youth and the other doesn't and that's pretty much it. 

So this week was good. To start, last p-day my companion just happened to dislocate his pointer finger playing a dodgeball sort of game. That was pretty fun because he trusted me to put it back in place for him. That was pretty cool.  

Well we are just doing the normal work here as usual. I don’t really have much to write about like normal. Pretty much cuz there aren’t things to say. I guess one thing is that we have been doing service for this guy in his yard and he is super picky. But it’s kinda fun because its service.

There is a lot of member support here. I feel like I’m in a Utah ward. It’s pretty great. The members take super good care of us and we get dinners like every night. One family gave us 2 lbs of shrimp to take home because we had been craving shrimp! There are a lot of wealthy families here. It’s different. But a good different. This week should be good. We have a sports youth activity on Saturday so I might get to play some sport of some sort.

So funny story… the other Elders called us saying there was a free desk on the side of the road and they needed us to come pick it up for them. So, we spent like 20 minutes trying to fit this desk into our Corolla which was going to be impossible! At the best time a member decides to roll up in a truck and offers to take it to our apartment. So now we have an extra desk in our apartment just sitting in the hallway. So that’s fun.

We had stake conference this weekend which is always fun. I feel like I’ve been to like 6 or 7 stake conferences on my mission. I don’t know if that’s normal or not but it was good. This week they talked a lot about the sacrament and how to honor it and prepare for it. They also said some bold statements of how to treat other people it was a good time. 

Well that’s all I got. I don’t really know what you are expecting me to say each week when I have been doing literally the same thing for like 90 weeks. But I love you guys! Hope you have a good week!

-Elder St. John


 My companion's finger
All the stuff we got from Panda Express today

No comments:

Post a Comment