Hey mom! It is weird that it is already August.
1. Do you know that there's a solar eclipse happening in a couple of weeks? Did you know you're in a really good location to see it? If you're not already aware I'll email you more about it next week.
1. I didn’t know about that. Yeah send me some info on it so we can plan on seeing it.
2. How many missionaries are in your district and are there any sisters?
2. Just us and a set of sisters in the Plummer branch (yes spelled like that, natives named it).
3. Catch any more mice?
3. We are up to 14 mice now. It seems like it’s slowing down.
4. Where do you do laundry in this area?
4. We do our laundry at home. We have a washer and dryer.
5. Picture requests...send pictures of the street you live on and your apartment building please!
5. Ok I’ll work on that.
Well this week was a good one. We started off with a great powerhouse of lessons on Tuesday. We taught our investigator Eric who we put on date for baptism! September 23rd is the date. But he wants to move it up sooner. So I’ll keep you updated.
Then we taught our other progressing investigator Mia. We taught her the whole plan of salvation and answered her questions and at the end we committed her to pray to know if it was true. She said, “Oh I don’t need to, I already know it’s true.” Sweet! That never happens. So that was great.
Then the rest of the week was good. Just did our usual driving and teaching and talking. You know, normal missionary stuff. Besides that, we have been working with our less active neighbors a bunch and they are so awesome they are just going through a lot of hard stuff.
I’ve really learned to love the people out here. It really makes all the difference when you truly love the people you serve. So when you have struggles and hardships that charity inside you pulls you through. President Monson gives a good talk on charity.
Well I hope you all have a good week and good luck with stuff! Love ya bye!
-Edler St. John
*These pictures come with no explanation from Elder St. John...so who knows!