Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Monday April 17, 2017 Millwood, WA

Hi

1. Most importantly...how's the new companion? Tell us about him.
1. His name is Elder McKnight! He’s from Gainesville, Florida! So that’s new. He’s awesome and is a really hard worker so we should get a lot done.

2. The secretary at Brooke's kids' school has a daughter that recently returned from your mission and knew you when you served in Kamiah. Something about a broken syrup bottle?
2. Yeah her name is Sister Lott! She’s awesome!

3. Did you get our package? Are you happy I didn't forget an Easter tie this year?
3. Yes I did! Thank you soooo much. It was awesome. (I still don’t really like peeps but thanks anyway!)

4. How was your Easter? Did you get to eat at someone's house? Anything good?
4. Easter was awesome! We ate at the Hyde’s. Ham and stuff.

5. Do you need more pro active?
5. Not at the moment. Maybe in a couple weeks.

6. Where do you do your grocery shopping now that you're in a city?
6. Walmart!

7. Dad's wondering if you miss have protein powder?
7. I don’t because I have some! The one we used to get. The cookies and cream. Tyler sent it to me a while ago.

8. Your birthday is coming up - any requests?
8. Hmmm I don’t really know. I had some ideas and then I forgot. A good soccer ball? Maybe?

9. Are you ever going to send me another picture? It's been a long time.
9. I’ll think about it. ;)

So, this week was good. A little crazy with transfers and stuff but it was really good. We worked hard and found a couple of new people we might be able to teach. I’ll keep you updated. We have been working really hard to get people to teach and that has taken up most of our time. Things are looking up around here with the Easter time and better weather (hopefully) we will start getting the work going.

That’s really all that’s going on here. Our investigator Shelby had his wife and kids walk out on him the other day. So, that makes it hard on him. I hope he sees that he needs a change in his life. This gospel changes people more than anything I’ve ever seen. It’s really cool to see the light of Christ enter into people and start making them more than they ever thought they could be.

We had a really good Easter today in our ward. It was really good because it was actually sunny! We had a great program with lots of good singers! West Valley has a lot of talented people. I love the tie you sent. It’s interesting. I’ve never seen one like it before! I’m disappointed that there was no egg hunt at our house this year. So, my little sisters need to step up their game. I do miss holidays with the family. But I don’t miss the pictures. Sorry mom.

Well love ya!

-Elder St. John 
 

 
A nice lady in Walmart stopped these Elders, took a picture of them and texted it to their moms. Bless her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment