Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday November 21, 2016 Kamiah, ID

Questions from Mom in red...

1. How are you feeling? Did the stomach thing go away? How long did it take?
1. Feeling sooo much better and it only took about 3 days to go away, so all better.

2. Thanksgiving plans?
2. Planning on going to one of my bishops for Thanksgiving so that will be fun. Not too exciting (not really my favorite holiday anyway).

3. You have transfers coming up in a couple of weeks. How are you feeling about that?
3. I feel good about transfers. Elder Stoddard will probably leave because he’s been here for 6 months. I’ll keep you updated. I think it’s time for a change anyway.

4. There's a girl, April, at the bank that helps me all the time. She asked me this week if you were serving in Idaho. I told her yes and she says you're in her parent’s area. They are the Williams and live in Kooskie. Do you know of them? I guess they were telling her they had a missionary serving there from Spanish Fork and she recognized the last name.
4.Yeah! I’ve been meaning to ask you! Sis. Williams asked me to ask if you knew her. Yeah I know them. She loves missionaries and talks about her son constantly who is on a mission. I hope you’re not like that, but you probably are so that’s ok.

5. Are you allowed to wear beanie hats in the winter? Is it cold enough for that?
5. Yes I’m allowed to wear them. How did you know I was going to ask for one or two? But when you get them make sure they’re nice ones, not weird hand knit ones please.

So my week. Mostly a normal week but a little rough because I was sick. But all better now so the work will continue. So, funny story for the week was on Tuesday it was raining and we were out driving in the boons and pulled over to the side of the road and the road slid out from under us a little bit and we got stuck in a ditch. We called a member and he pulled us out. No damage to the truck thankfully! Turns out they had just worked on the road and it was raining so it was super soft and yeah it was kinda funny.

Anyway, had a baptism on Sunday! Arturo is his name. He’s 12 and super awesome. Had a good time with that and we’re working hard. Might be having a few more in the next month or so. So that will be fun. I’ll send pics.

I know God has a plan for me and being here on a mission is a big part of that plan. I have already seen the blessings to me and to others while I’ve been here. Sooo love ya!

(ps. gloves included in your next package would be much appreciated thank you. Also got your other package thanks!)

-Elder St. John

No comments:

Post a Comment