Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wednesday September, 7, 2016 MTC

Hey guys! What’s up? They bouncy balls are a huge life saver! 
Thursday-

Normal day just a lot of study and reading. But I’ve learned to love it. I learned how Satan works to destroy peace with pride.

Friday-
Started the day with service so we cleaned a building in a lot of ways I would never even think of. I’ve started to learn about how to teach hard investigators that won’t open up. You have to almost make them talk. It’s weird.

Saturday-
This was our last day teaching our first trc investigator. He was extremely quiet and never answered a question with more than 1 sentence. Which is not very fun but I learned so much from it.

Sunday-
Having Fast Sunday wasn’t even that bad. Everybody was complaining that they couldn’t eat. It was super fun to have a good devotional. We had maybe the coolest guy on earth talk to us. His name is Chad Lewis (ask dad who he is if you don’t know.) He was a former byu football player and nfl player and he talked about loving the people you teach and how that can help you become invested in the work. 

Monday-
Normal day

Tuesday- 
Crazy day started off with learning to teach the commandments and then we had our Tuesday devotional. Elder Christofferson came to talk to us and shared a super powerful message and told us all about the atonement and repentance and how it can unlock forgiveness and many other cool things. 

Well I only have a few days left here so I won’t have another p day here to email you. But I want you to know that I love the gospel and I have learned so much in so short a time it’s crazy. I leave Tuesday morning for my mission so I’m super exited for that. Yes mom we have sheets on our beds those beds in the picture weren’t ours. I haven’t gotten your last letters yet, don’t really know why. The temple is awesome. What should I do for like a phone card in the airport? Also could you send me like one pair of basketball shorts and maybe one or two t shirts? Also can you get me bro./mr. smith’s email, bishops email, and Leslie Christensen’s email so I can respond to them! You should probably answer these questions in a dear elder letter because I won’t be able to check my email again until I leave.

Thanks - love you all 
-Elder St. John

*A couple of hours later...*
Hey so scratch the whole leaving on Tuesday thing. Just found out I leave Monday morning early. Like I report to the travel center at like 4:15 am. Anyway I found your letters! My companion had them and so I read them.
I think Cassidy would be proud of this one...
 I wanted to see what my camera could do and this is what I got...
 This is how we study. With orange cream sodas. They're only 85 cents so we get them like everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment