Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday January 22, 2018 Pullman, WA

Hey mom.

1. What was the most inspiring thing about your week? A meeting, something in your studies, teaching someone, etc.
1. Well, seeing our investigator Jesse progress and to teach him was probably the best part of the week. He’s close.

2. What was the best thing you ate this week?
2. Hmm. Well we had one of our Bishop’s wife take us out for dinner to this amazing Japanese place called Fujiama's. It was way good. 

3. What are your thoughts about the announcing of the prophet's counselors? 
3. I thought it was good.

This week has been really good. There has been a lot of work done. We had some powerful lessons especially with our investigator Jesse. He has really opened up this last week. He brought up some of the concerns he has. He has an amazing member that is being his friend and helping him along. He has come to church 2 times now so that is fantastic.

We ate with the Tollman’s yesterday. That’s the family with the girl that we baptized and they were planning on feeding us buffalo tongue but they couldn't find one in Pullman so we just had roast.

Also this week we went on exchanges with both district leaders in the zone. It went really well. We were able to help out some struggling missionaries and give some useful feedback on how to help the situations they’re in.

Besides that, it’s been just a good hard working week. One thought I had was how smooth a transition in the church leadership is. Countries including our own have huge mass chaos when leadership changes but in the Lord’s kingdom it is seamless and has no disputations. It’s really a sight to see. It’s been a good week and I’m excited to see where the work takes us this week. 

I’m glad you had fun at Disneyland. It sounds like it was a blast. I did realize this week how much I would rather be out here working than being at Disneyland. Not that it wouldn't be fun or not that I don’t like spending time with you guys, but I love serving and I wouldn't have been able to help the people I helped here if I was somewhere else. I’m right where God needs me.

Well I love you! Have a good week!
-Elder St. John


 I'm determined this is my new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment