Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Tuesday September 5, 2017 St. Maries, ID

Well to answer….

1. Random question but do you wear sunglasses? Hadlie's been driving us around all the time with her learner's permit now and the other day the sun was glaring in her eyes and I thought of you and if you're allowed to wear sunglasses???
1. Yes, that’s actually what I used the credit card for a couple weeks ago. Did you check that yet?

2. What was your happiest moment from the week?
2. Happiest moment. Well...hmmmmm I was pretty happy when I was splitting wood for a guy clear out in the sticks this week. That was nice.

3. What was the worst food you ate this week?
3. Oh we had this super bland spaghetti stuff that tasted like cardboard. It was nasty.

4. And we're mostly really curious about your investigators you have on date for baptism...how did it go this week??? 
4. Well I’ll tell ya!...

But first questions. So...I got a bill from the er here in St. Maries. I guess they didn’t send it to you. It’s like 70 dollars. Do you want me to pay for it with my credit card? If not I need to handle it soon so please give some sort of instruction today. 

This week’s update on investigators…first our investigator Eric has quit smoking and really put his life in line with the Savior’s teachings and is ready for baptism on the 23rd of September! I’m super excited for that. He really has come a long way.

Second, our investigator Mia Suchouskie is flippin awesome. She owns a real estate business here and is like the biggest realtor in the whole area. She is so kind and such an amazing person and the ward here is pumped about her getting baptized. Her family isn’t super interested yet but they will be here pretty soon. She has had no real big concerns yet so she is one of those golden investigators that you hear about. She is like our mom out here. It’s kinda funny! She asks us were we are going next and what our plans are. She’s scheduled to get baptized on Oct 7th so it’s something to look forward to.

Besides that we have been dealing with some major smoke from all the fires in Washington and surrounding areas. The smoke is so bad we aren’t allowed to go walk or bike at all today. I’ll try and send a pic of how bad it is. 

Yes I’ve heard about the hurricane. I think it’s pretty funny that it’s called Harvey. Haha. I’m jealous that you went to a Toto concert. They’re one of my favorites of that era. Well mom, good luck with your new calling. I know you will do great! You have a great opportunity to serve the people around you. Advice from my mission president about leadership…always uplift and inspire others to do good. Instead of thinking about your calling as serving over the relief society sisters think about it as you are serving under more people now. Now you have the chance to lift from below like the Savior did and not govern over the tops of others like the world does. Good luck! You will do great!
Well love you and hope you have a good week!
-Elder St. John


Those are elk steaks on the grill. 

 These are logging trucks that we see out our window. That is not fog...it's smoke.



No comments:

Post a Comment